- Understanding. Michael understands his clients’ problems and understands the emotional and human nature of the issues faced by people going through a family crisis.
- Honest and reliable. In the words of Larry Rousseau, a Houston Municipal Court Judge: “In the decades that I have known Michael in his capacity as an attorney, I have found him to be excellent and caring in his performance. While he has a gentle and understanding approach to his work, he does not hesitate to professionally do battle when he must, with very successful results. As a person, I find no one more honest and reliable as a friend.”
- Limits Law Practice to Divorce and Family Law. If any lawyer hopes to excel in the practice of law, he must limit his practice so he can focus all of his efforts on that one area. Michael limits his law practice to issues that affect families, including divorce, family law, and related issues.
- Represents Both Men And Women. Michael does not limit his practice to representing clients of only one gender. He has experience representing both men and women, and in protecting the legal rights and needs of young children.
- Tough Negotiator. Michael has years of experience negotiating compromises for his clients. When an issue can be settled through negotiation, you benefit from less stress and lower attorneys’ fees. Plus, by reaching a compromise between the parties, both spouses helped shape the final outcome, which would not be the case if a judge decided the issue.
- Competent Trial Lawyer. Michael is a skilled, experienced trial lawyer. As a result, opposing lawyers have learned that it’s better to reach a compromise through negotiation than to take the matter to court. In addition, his experience helps him know how a judge may decide an issue and helps him recommend or discourage going to trial if negotiations break down.
- Admitted to Major Courts. Michael is admitted to practice before all Texas State Courts, the Federal Court for the Southern District of Texas, and the Supreme Court of Texas.
- Bar Association Memberships. Michael is a member of the Harris County Municipal Justice Bar Association, the Texas State Bar and its section on Family Law, and the College of the Texas State Bar.
- Legal Education. In 1991, Michael graduated from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology and Criminal Justice, as well as a Bachelor of Science Degree in Sociology with a minor in Anthropology. In 1994, he graduated from the Columbus Law School in Washington, D.C., where he earned his Juries Doctor Degree.
- Family Values. Michael and his wife have been married for 18 years and they have one child. As a husband and father, he has excellent insights into the problems and challenges facing today’s families.
- Long Time Friend and Neighbor. Michael was born (where) and has lived in Texas for (##) years – or in Houston for ## years. His roots have grown deep into the Houston area. You can depend on him being here long into the future.
- Passion for Justice. Michael knows the difference between getting a quick, easy compromise and a truly just outcome that often comes down to determination. Some people call this having a tough attitude. Michael calls it a passion for justice. He will insist that the other party respect your rights and treat you with dignity.
- Acts Only With Your Approval. You may have heard horror stories about lawyers who insist on running the show. Michael doesn’t try to take over. He listens to you, considers what you want to achieve, explains obstacles you must overcome, and lets you decide how you want him to proceed. Then he supports your decision. He does not take action without first getting your approval.
- Client Services Guarantee. Michael provides each client with a written copy of his Client Services Guarantee, in which he guarantees the quality of service you will receive.
- Caring and Responsive. No matter how stressed you feel – no matter what you don’t understand – Michael will help calm your nerves, bring your situation into focus, and explain how he can help protect your rights.
- Calm and Quiet, Yet Protective. Michael is soft spoken and talks with you from an educational point of view. Still, opposing counsel know Michael can turn aggressive when he needs to stand up for your rights. This is one more reason Michael receives so many excellent testimonials from his clients and colleagues.
- Educational Focus: Michael has designed an in-depth educational website to answer many of your questions. Also, he invites your inquiries by email and telephone.
- Easy to Reach by Phone and Email. Email has proved to be a highly effective way for Michael to communicate with clients. If you approve of conversing through email, Michael will gladly respond, even at night and on weekends. Or, if you prefer, you can always reach Michael by phone.
- Free Consultation. Michael will gladly speak with you in his office or over the telephone at no cost or obligation. So please don’t hesitate to call.
You’re Invited to Call or Email!
“If you’d like to speak with me – or if you have any questions or concerns about family law –
you’re invited to call or send me an email. I’ll be happy to help you in every way!” – Michael
Founding & Managing Attorney
The Villasana Law Firm
Houston (281) 206-2676 – Texas Toll Free (888) 391-1115